Have you ever been confused by a quote? It happens to the best of us. We read something and it just doesn’t make sense. Or maybe we read a quote that seems to have a completely different meaning than the author intended. There are a lot of confusing quotes that make you think.
We’ve all had the experience of reading a quote, and thinking it made sense. But when we look at the context, we realize that we were misinterpreting what was being said. This is a common problem.
I love quotes. I love how they can help motivate me, some are funny, which makes me laugh and some help you think.
But, I hate confusing quotes that make me think I am not good enough to understand it. It’s close to impossible to list all the quotes I find confusing.
So, I decided to share a few of the popular quotes which confused me and will confuse most of you as well.
Top 35 confusing quotes that make you think
1. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
2. If you are going to do something, do it right.
3. You can’t be in two places at once.
4. There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.
5. In a world of infinite distractions, you have to be careful about what you pay attention to.
6. No matter how good your intentions are, if you do not have a clear goal, you will not achieve it.
7. You have to be a little crazy to do something great.
8. The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
9. Success is never to be reached. It is a process.
10. The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate.
11. Confusion is a sign of intelligence; only fools are crystal clear.
12. The most important thing in life is not to win, but to play.
13. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
14. It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
15. The whole secret of happiness is to enjoy yourself while you are living, and to find your work worth doing and the right people with whom to do it.
16. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
17. The whole secret of happiness is to enjoy yourself while you are alive.
18. If you want to be happy, be.
19. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
20. It’s better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
21. You don’t need to be a genius to have a goal.
22. If you don’t design your life, life will design you.
23. People who are not willing to risk failure are not going to achieve success.
24. We are all the sum total of our experiences.
25. The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time you fail.
26. The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
27. The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
28. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
29. If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
30. You can’t be too careful in the kitchen.
31. No man should be allowed to serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be loyal to the one and despise the other.
32. You don’t know what you got till it’s gone.
33. I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
34. He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
35. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
I hope you have loved these confusing quotes that make you think. If you have a few confusing quotes in mind, please comment below.