Times have changed a lot. As you know, the world is full of selfish people. For most of us, the world we call home has turned into something that it shouldn’t be.
We lack the willingness to catch others as they fall and instead tend to push them over the edge.What happened to being concerned with one another?
Why do we humans hate each other nowadays? Is there something that can be done to change this? Unfortunately, I guess there won’t be answers to these questions.
Nowadays, everyone lives to safeguard their own interests without being concerned about others. We lack empathy and humanity toward those people that we know the least.
This is because we focus more on our personal struggles, forgetting that others are struggling and suffering too. While it’s essential to safeguard your interests more often, being selfish is an awful trait.
We’ve all been selfish at some point in our lives. We want to attain our goals without raising our feet. And yet, selfishness is a trait that most of us are proud of.
That’s exactly why we all strive to be kind, selfless in our actions and thoughts, and generally more humane. If you’re experiencing this kind of struggle, don’t worry- you are not alone.
Take a look at these world is full of selfish people quotes that might encourage you to be selfless.
The world is Full of Selfish People Quotes
1. “Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.”―
2. “Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others.” ― Ouida Wanda
3. “In an individual, selfishness uglifies the soul; for the human species, selfishness is extinction.”―
4. “If all the people in this world, in which we live, were as selfish as a few of the people in this world, in which we live, there would be no world in which to live.” ― W. L. Orme
5. “Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.”― Stephen Kendrick
6. “Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles.”―
7. “There are many selfish people who are extremely original, then they take those pure ideas and use them to raise themselves up, that is an insincere move.” ― Daniel Smith
8. “A selfless act out of even the purest desire to do for others, will be selfish in the satisfaction and happiness it brings to one doing it.”―
9. “But selfishness isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It only means you take care of yourself and you have to do that to be able to take care of others.”―
10. “Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets… Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming.” ― Steve Maraboli
11. “Being self-sufficient is not selfish; it is a need. Harming others or yourself is not selfish because it will never benefit the self; it is just stupid.” ―
12. “The rich are seldom remarkable for modesty, ingenuity, or humanity. Their wealth has rather a tendency to make them penurious and selfish.” ― John Adams
13. “All sensible people are selfish, and nature is tugging at every contract to make the terms of it fair.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “I respect all the innocent souls because they are kind enough to forgive the selfish people around them.” ―
15. “Selfish prosperity makes a man a vortex rather than a fountain; instead of throwing out, he learns only to draw in.”― Henry Ward Beecher
16. “One of the most selfish things you can do to someone you love makes them your happiness.” ―
So, how can you change the world?
To be honest, you can’t. Everyone is different. We all possess different looks and personalities but are the same-selfish. A person can spend their time helping others only to make themselves look better.
Now, what does being selfish mean? Well, it is holding one’s own interest as the standard for decision making; concerned mainly with oneself above other’s well-being.
While the first part may vary from one person to another, the second part is right. However, one quote I like to say- to survive in a world full of selfish people, you also need to be selfish yourself.
I believe sometimes people are motivated by selfishness. Yes, I know it sounds insane, but come to think of it in this manner.
Imagine you’re a professional employee and often get one holiday every week. Besides, you also get one hour free every day when you have no
work to do. So, you’re now concerned about the world, and you know that there will be a water shortage in many parts of the world in some years to come.
Being concerned, you start researching ways to save water. There could be many ways, but rainwater harvesting is one of them.
Since the process may be costly, you continue to research more ways to harvest rainwater to make the process affordable for everyone. You thereby spend a lot of your time in your vision for the sake of society.
This way, you’ll have to ignore many things to make your vision a success. It could be friends, family, or even holidays to visit relatives.
It’s possible there would be differences between you and your friends and family. They would think of you as a selfish person.
Despite their thinking, you should be proud of yourself for being selfish for a harmonious purpose, which is good for everyone, even for those who are calling you selfish.
At the end of the day, the world will be thankful for your good deeds behind your selfishness. This is why I say it’s good to be sometimes selfish to feel motivated.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our collection of the best world is full of selfish people quotes. Feel free to share these quotes with your family, friends, and loved ones.