We all have priorities, but suppose you were to list down your top priorities, what would they be? Is self-care on that list? And if so, where did you put it? Is it at the top of your list or just squeezed near the very bottom?
Most of us are willing to spend a lot of energy and time taking care of other people’s needs. However, when it comes to putting ourselves first, we’re stingy as we often think of it as a selfish act.
Putting yourself first is not selfish. Instead, it makes you more productive and loving. It enables you to meet your needs more professionally. This, in turn, increases your joy, happiness, and ability to love, so you can create healthy relationships and give freely.
Life is all about balance, and when you put others’ needs before yours, you become imbalanced, which can eventually lead to unhappiness. So, be mindful of this imbalance and bring balance into your life by learning to put yourself first.
Start with some reflection of yourself. Understand yourself, and what makes you sad and what truly makes you happy, what uplifts you and what drains you, what inspires you and what discourages you, your true passion and vision in life.
Once you recognize these, make it your top priority to live up to your needs and desires. These putting yourself first is not selfish quotes will motivate you to value and put yourself first.
Putting Yourself First Is Not Selfish Quotes
1. “How you treat yourself is how you treat God, because you are the representative of God in your life. So when you put yourself last, you are putting God last.”– Iyanla Vanzant
2. “If you want to have enough to give to others, you will need to take care of yourself first. A tree that refuses water and sunlight for itself can’t bear fruit for others.” – Emily Maroutian
3. “looking after yourself is the greatest act of kindness you can give the world. Loving yourself first is the best way to spread love.”― Holly Bourne
4. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” — Shannon L. Alder
5. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” — Brigham Young
6. “Every second you spend thinking about what somebody else has is taking away from time that you could create something for yourself.” – Gary Vee
7. “Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
8. “Whenever you feel compelled to put others first at the expense of yourself, you are denying your own reality, your own identity.”– David Stafford
9. “How you treat yourself is how you treat God, because you are the representative of God in your life. So when you put yourself last, you are putting God last.” — Iyanla Vanzant
10. “You don’t need to live to fulfill other’s expectations. Live for yourself, love yourself and do not let them tell you that it is selfish.” — Mridula Singh
11. “When you start loving yourself and respecting your time and energy, things will change. Get to know your worth, and your value will go up.”―
12. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck.
13. “Don’t wait for a crisis to realize what matters most. Put yourself first right now. Because right now is all we have.” — Brittany Burgunder
14. “You have to be self-interested in order to be selfless. You have to put yourself first if you want to be of use to other people.” – Rachel Bartholomew
15. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” — Jean Shinoda Bolen
16. “The only difference between a hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people.” — Chadwick Boseman
17. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” — Parker Palmer
18. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
19.“Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” — Rob Liano
If You Learn to Put Yourself First, You’ll Know How to Take Care Of Others
If you aim to be selfless in life, start with yourself. When you put yourself first, you’ll know how to take care of others. Most of us hardly do things unless we can benefit from them.
When you’ve taken care of your needs, you can give genuinely without expecting anything in return. At the end of the day, it’s the only way to be selfless.
The funny thing about us humans is that we’re equal at the end of the day despite being propelled apart by our perceived differences. If you learn what it takes to put yourself first, you’ll also teach yourself how to love and take care of others.
If you can open up the vulnerable and tender parts of your heart, you can let someone in. It all starts with you. Don’t let the world fool you into thinking that starting there is the wrong way to go.
Do you like these quotes? We hope they inspire you to put yourself first. Remember, it’s not selfish to take care of your needs first. Instead, this enables you to succeed in every aspect of your life.
Start with one area, possibly one that’s an uphill task for you at the moment. Take steps to build peace and confidence in that area. Afterward, move on to the next area of the self-care wheel, including the mind, body, financial well-being, and emotional well-being.
Make sure to share these putting yourself first is not selfish quotes with your family, friends, and loved ones as well as on your social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.