As humans, we are filled with complex feelings, and being hurt is a terrific part of the human experience. It’s difficult to differentiate between a real and a fake friend. Sometimes people around you seek to hurt you.
A selfish friend will always use your weakness against you, which may end up hurting you. These quotes about selfish people hurting others show the effects of similar behaviors on others.
We’re all selfish to some extent. While normal self-confidence, self-value, and self-love are important for people to live well, we sometimes end up being too arrogant or self-absorbed.
For instance, some people make others believe that their world is the most perfect, while others will boast about themselves, making you feel like you’re of lesser importance.
Yet others will cut you short while airing your grievances just to air theirs.These kinds of selfish people will devalue and dislike you if you don’t give in to their “superiority.”
These people are greedy by nature and will always think first about themselves. It’s painful to come across these people who can betray you anytime. Therefore, always take time to know people before trusting them.
Being selfish, however, can sometimes be necessary to safeguard your interests. But never make it a habit, because your friends who trust you will feel used and cheated when you always care about yourself.
Read these sarcastic, funny, and relatable quotes about selfish people hurting others if you’ve ever been selfish or have ever come across a selfish person.
Quotes About Selfish People Hurting Others
1. “I believe in aliens. I think it would be way too selfish of us as mankind to believe we are the only lifeforms in the universe.”
2. “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.”
3. “As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, So love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.”
4. “A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor’s.”
5. “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.”
6. “Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant.”
7. “Selfishness must always be forgiven you know because there is no hope of a cure.”
8. “Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves. ”
9. “All my big mistakes are when I try to second-guess or please an audience. My work is always stronger when I get very selfish about it.”
10. “Selfish people lost so much in life, because even when they realize they are wrong, they don’t know how to ask for forgiveness or show regrets.”
11. “What are selfish people but ones who use the weakness of others for their own pleasure?”
12. “Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others.”
13. “If believing in yourself and going after what you want in life and realizing your worth is ruthless and selfish, then I’m definitely ruthless and selfish.”
14. “There are many selfish people who are extremely original, then they take those pure ideas and use them to raise themselves up, that is an insincere move.”
15. “Selfishness must always be forgiven you know, because there is no hope of a cure.”
16. “There are people who are so original that they become selfish and use those ideas for profit.”
17. “Selfishness is that detestable vice which no one will forgive in others, and no one is without himself.”
18. “As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.”
19. “Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, But they are not capable of loving themselves either.”
20. “It’s also selfish because it makes you feel good when you help others. I’ve been helped by acts of kindness from strangers. That’s why we’re here, after all, to help others.”
21. “Selfishness is that detestable vice which no one will forgive in others, and no one is without himself.”
22. “Selfishness is depriving others of the choices that they can make, Only thinking of your own.”
23. “It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back.”
24. “Selfishness is innate to all of us, that is the sad reality of life and no one really cares.”
25. “There are many selfish people who are extremely original, then they take those pure ideas and use them to raise themselves up, that is an insincere move.” – Daniel Smith
So, can you stop selfish people from hurting you?
If you’re hurt by a selfish person in your life, don’t hate yourself for it.
No one recognizes that a friend or partner is selfish at the start of the relationship. You only see the traits afterward, and there’s little you can do to change their behavior.
A selfish person will always make you doubt your feelings for him. Your affection for him would feel painful and one-sided.
Being in a relationship with this kind of person would only hurt you. They’d still ignore you despite what you do. Even your romantic gestures or nearest friends would be ignored.
And when you strive to make them happy, they would not appreciate your good deeds and besides, start expecting more from you.
And before you start to recognize, you’d already been hurt and longing for the tiniest sign of gratitude from this person to make you feel like you are doing something right or to feel noticed.
One of the best steps to regain strength and stop a self-centered person from hurting you is to recognize when you’re being used, retain your personality, and slowly detach from the selfish person.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our collection of the best quotes about selfish people hurting others. Feel free to share these quotes with your friends, family, and loved ones.
If you’d like to add your favorite quote or comment on our shared quotes, please do so in the comment section below.