Are you with someone who seems to be the cause of the negative energy in your life? Does this person strive to pull you down and interfere with your goals and dreams? Maybe it’s a family member or a friend who makes you feel disgusting every time you connect. While you may be in the right place by having them around, there’s no room for drama in anyone’s life. We summed up the best cutting people off quotes which will inspire you to get rid of the toxic trash from your life.
Whether it’s a friend, family, or even family, cutting people off is the most difficult thing to do. Especially if you love that person or you’re in a relationship with them. However, no one should be allowed the luxury to destroy your mental health despite the challenges. Toxic people shouldn’t be tolerated in one’s life.
Why Cut People Off?
There are two main reasons why you should cut off people: happiness and health. Toxic people create a toxic environment, and being around such people can cause you more harm than you can imagine.
If you’re looking to free yourself from pointless stress and drama, it’s prudent to cut off whoever and whatever is pushing you down. Yes, it may be challenging at the start, but it will be worth it in the end. You already have your own battles, which are enough for you- you don’t need other people’s baggage as well.
When you’ve successfully cut off these people from your life, you’ll be amazed at how happy and healthy you can become. Life itself can be hard, so you need to be surrounded by people who encourage you and bring out the best in you. Not vice versa.
Use these cutting people off quotes to not only cut off toxic people in your life but also make the best choices for your well-being so you can attract positivity and become your best self.
Cutting People Off Quotes
- “It’s okay to cut off toxic people from your life.”
- “Cutting people out of your life doesn’t mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone is meant to stay.”
- “Sometimes you have to cut some people off to stay on.”
- “The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.” — Unknown
- “Since I cut off certain people there is no hate in my heart.”
- “People who are negative are either lonely, broke or bored. Better to cut them off.”
- “Over time you start noticing that some people are just aren’t worth it anymore.”
- “Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.”
- “I no longer sit at tables where I might be the topic when I get up.”
- “Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others, usually spend no time to correct their own.”
- “Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it”
- “When people don’t deserve me, I cut off them slowly from my life”
- “Do not allow negative people to turn you into one of them.”
- “I have some people in my life who should’ve been cut off a long time a ago.”
- “Make sure everybody in your ‘Boat’ is rowing and not drilling holes when you’re not looking.”
- “I have no problem with cutting people off…less bullshit for me to deal with”
- “If you can’t be positive, then at least, be quiet”
- “When you learn how much you’re worth, you’ll stop giving people discounts.”
- “Learn to surround yourself with people who make you better, not bitter.”
- “I have a limit and when you reach it I dismiss you from my life. It’s that simple.”
- “Some people create their own storms and then get mad when it rains.”
- “Cutting someone completely off from your life is sometimes necessary for your peace. Don’t feel guilty about it.”
- “Make a habit of shutting down conversations that aim to tear others down.”
- “You can never win an argument with a negative person. They only hear what suits them and listen only to respond.”
- “Certain people you have to cut off; it’s nothing personal. Their part in your story is over and you have to move on.”
- “Life is short. Don’t waste it with negative people who don’t appreciate you. Keep them in your heart but keep them out of your life.”
- “I don’t have time to make people understand my worth. Either you recognize it and treat me right or be cut off.”
When Is the Right Time to Cut People Off?
When You’re Not Your True Self Next to Them
This is one of the most important signs you ought to acknowledge. Whether this is a close friend who constantly makes you feel inadequate or a family member in whose presence you always have to put on a mask, cut them off.
You cannot proceed in life pretending to be someone else other than yourself. You can’t be around someone who drags you down. When you experience unbearable pressure to satisfy other people, ask yourself for how long.
You need to understand that if you can’t be your true self around someone else, that person isn’t and will never be good for you.
When You Feel Exhausted While in Their Company
So you’ve just realized that being around this person drains all your energy. It makes you unhappy and exhausted, and you can hardly remember the last time you felt comfortable around them.
This isn’t an example of a healthy relationship. It’s the character of a toxic person that makes you feel that way.
Here’s an idea: Cut them off!
When They Offer Nothing but Negativity and Ungratefulness
Sure, we all experience bad days, but incorporating negativity and ungratefulness into our lives escalates the problems. We need to be able to find positivity. Or else it becomes bad for everyone.
Suppose there is someone in your life whose negative attitude and ungratefulness pull you down, walk away and see how good it feels. You’ll, without a doubt, experience instant relief and enhanced mood.
Final Words on Cutting People Off
It isn’t always easy to cut off people you’ve been around with for a long period, especially if they are a part of your daily routine. However, it’s also not advisable to live a life full of negativity due to such people.
We hope these cutting people off quotes will help you stand your ground and detach yourself from everything and anyone trying to make your life difficult and full of sadness.