Hate and love are much alike such that they are directed toward someone because of who he or she is. Despite this resemblance, they also seem quite different.
Sometimes we tend to experience mixed feelings. When we’re affectionate towards someone, we wish them success.
When we hate someone, we’ll occasionally want them to suffer. Thus, we don’t have to pay attention to the persuaders to know that hating and loving someone at the same time exists.
We’ve all experienced mixed feelings toward those people we’re close with, and learning how to accept this contradiction is part of growth.
Small children, for instance, may shout “I hate you” to their parents when upset yet they may be affectionate and loving an hour later. Such anger can be so powerful that for an instant, it wipes out awareness of any other feeling.
For adults, the most apparent situation where hate and love coincide is when love is not reciprocated. If you think that you’re ultimately attractive and loving, it can be difficult to understand that the person you love might not love you back.
If you doubt already, this will intensively lower your self-esteem.If you have some dignity, you might be fooled into thinking that the lack of reciprocated love reveals an important flaw in your partner.
If you direct negative feelings at him or her due to this “flaw” in his or her character, then you will certainly hate him or her. As a result, this may resort to a breakup.
One of the most proficient ways to deal with this contradiction is to keep an emotional distance or read some hating and loving someone at the same time quotes.
Here are some inspiring and most profound quotes to let you know what it means to have these two emotions, love and hate, go together.
Hating and loving someone at the same time quotes
1. “Love and hate have a magical transforming power. They are the great soul changers. We grow through their exercise into the likeness of what we contemplate.”
2. “The problem with hating someone is that it only leaves you scars that are too ugly to look at.”
3. “Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.” – William Blake
4. “The truth is that people get hurt all the time, it is only a matter of finding someone worth it all.”
5. “Love and hate are two of the strongest emotions.”
6. “Love and hate are such strong words, they also cause so much pain.”
7. “You can love and hate your family with equal measure, but the power of the bond you have to have with them, you can’t really ever walk away.”– Julie Plec
8. “It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.”– Andre Gide
9. “I feel like we’ll forever live in a country that’s divided… Divided by race… Divided by love and hate.”– Raheem DeVaughn
10. “Love and hate is something that cannot be avoided, you cannot feel one without the other too.”
11. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”– Martin Luther King
12. “To be a fashion critic is easy because you just say, ‘I love it, I hate it,’ but life is more than love and hate.”– Alber Elbaz
13. “Nothing turns to hate so bitter as what once was love.”– Laurell K. Hamilton
14. “I loved her. I still love her, though I curse her in my sleep, so nearly one are love and hate, the two most powerful and devasting emotions that control man, nations, life.” – Edger Rich
15. “It’s always wrong to hate, but it’s never wrong to love.”– Lady Gaga
16. “Jealousy is just loved and hate at the same time.”– Robert Kraft
17. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” -Andrea Dykstra
18. “You can love and hate your family with equal measure, but the power of the bond you have to have with them, you can’t really ever walk away.” – Julie Plec
19. “Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes.”- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
20. “Innately, there are qualities in human beings that are always repetitive. There are things like love and hate and jealousy that are just going to be there forever.” – Shiloh Fernandez
21. “I don’t have time to hate people who hate me, because I’m too busy loving the people who love me.”
22. “When you hate you feel miserable, when you love you feel wonderful, it’s your choice.”
23. “I don’t hate hardly ever, and when I love, I love for miles and miles. A love so big it should either be outlawed or it should have a capital and it’s own currency.”
24. “How would it be.. if all my hate disappeared like my youth, if after all this time his very hatred of me turned out to be something gentle, some kind of love.”―
Can you find your way out of this?
We hope you can certainly relate to most of the above quotes. Well, it’s an ideal way to deal with the contradiction of hate and love and solemnly depends on the status of your relationship. In as much as you might be in a serious relationship where you hate someone due to unreciprocated love, there’s also a way out of this.
The best place to start your own journey is to have a glimpse at the previous arguments you had with your loved ones. Can you remember how annoyed you felt while on the verge of striking out? How did you deal with it? If you succumbed to the destructive urge, then you might want to have a look at the damage caused.
Another fertile thing is to consider your feelings toward your kids. I have two children who I love deeply. However, most occasionally, I’ve hated them. I feel somehow nervous now because it’s a socially undesirable feeling if you
can recall when you felt the same way and see how you feel about that, how your judge yourself will enable you to be aware of your attitude toward your ability to accept it as part of you and hostility in general.
Nonetheless, if you loved our hating and loving someone at the same time quotes, make sure to share with your friends and family as well as in the comment section below.