Facing rejection isn’t easy. More often, rejection can be prompted by intense harassment, eventually making the rejected suffer from years of fear and inner turmoil. These amazing overcoming rejection quotes will encourage you to overcome rejection and suicidal thoughts.
Rejection is a hard emotion to deal with and also a hard message to hear. When we’re faced with rejection, it can be a hit to our personality or make us question our self-worth.
The truth is we’re worthy. It wasn’t just the right time or opportunity. As a strong believer in things working out as they should, I find it essential to create time, dig deeper within ourselves, and find the strength to pick ourselves up and start again.
In as much as that sounds easier than it is, every failure, every letdown, and every rejection is an opportunity to regroup, improve, and try again in pursuit of even better opportunities than those that didn’t work out in the first place.
Many people fear rejection, but the truth is that no successful person has ever made it without encountering rejection along the way. In a nutshell, there is no straight path to success. How you handle rejection and your ability to uphold your self-esteem when dealing with it determines whether or not you’ll achieve your goals.
Sometimes, what we learn from rejection eventually ends up making us the better version of ourselves. May these overcoming rejection quotes inspire you to take action so you may live your dreams.
27 Overcoming Rejection Quotes
- “We all learn lessons in life. Some stick, some don’t. I have always learned more from rejection and failure than from acceptance and success.”
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
- “Don’t get discouraged from all the rejection.”
- “Everyone at some point in life has faced rejection and failure, it is part of the process to self-realization.”
- “A rejection is nothing more than a necessary step in the pursuit of success.”
- “I love my rejection slips. They show me I try.”
- In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.”
- “Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.”
- “Rejection is merely a redirection; a course correction to your destiny.”
- “Rejection is the reason why people deny their true feelings.”
- “A soft refusal is not always taken, but a rude one is immediately believed.”
- “You have to learn to take rejection not as an indication of personal failing but as a wrong address.”
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
- “Leave no stone unturned.”
- “Learn to accept rejections.”
- “Better a friendly refusal than an unwilling consent.”
- “Most fears of rejection rest on the desire for approval from other people. Don’t base your self-esteem on their opinions.”
- “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.”
- “Rejection is a common occurrence. Learning that early and often will help you build up the tolerance and resistance to keep going and keep trying.”
- “If you live for people’s acceptance, you will die from their rejection.”
- “Human rejection can be God’s divine protection.”
- “The better you are at communicating, negotiating, and handling your fear of rejection, the easier life is.”
- “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.”
- As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want.”
- “The most powerful motivation is rejection.”
- “I am good at walking away. Rejection teaches you how to reject.”
- “Misfortune is the best fortune. Rejection by all is victory.”
Dealing With Rejection
However big or small, rejection affects us all. And the better we get at dealing with rejection, the less it affects us. Here are some ways to overcome rejection in almost any common scenario.
When dealing with painful emotions like rejection, getting caught up in the bad feeling is easier. But dwelling on the negative experience feels like living the experience repeatedly. As a result, this hurts and becomes difficult to get over with the rejection.
Therefore, admit how you feel and get past it. Don’t think or talk about it over and over again.
Negative thinking affects our expectations as well as our actions. In fact, being stuck in a negative outlook can bring about more rejection. It doesn’t encourage one to try again.
Treat Yourself with Compassion
Instead of thinking that you’re foolish for thinking you could do that, learn to treat yourself with compassion. Respond to negative self-talk with a kind, encouraging message.
Whether you were blindsided by a recent firing or dumped by a long-term love, beating yourself up will only lower your self-esteem. Speak to yourself like a genuine friend. Drown those inner critics by constantly repeating helpful chants, which will keep you mentally strong.
Don’t Overthink It
Understand that rejection is a normal thing and happens to everyone. Although it may feel like a big deal, try to understand there could be several reasons why someone doesn’t want to go out again. It could be because of their personal insecurities, career-based, family-based, or just because they don’t want to risk the friendship.
Limited reasons are caused by you or are based on you having done something wrong. Don’t consider yourself stupid or that you’ve made a mistake. Don’t overthink it.
Rejection can make you doubt yourself. But fearing it limits you, stopping you from experiencing greater opportunities in life. When you choose to perceive rejection as a chance for growth rather than something you can’t change can help you be fearless of the possibility.
Which of These Rejection Quotes Resonate with You?
We hope you’ve enjoyed these overcoming rejection quotes and are inspired to pick yourself up from rejection and move forward. If there’s any quote that resonates with you, let us know in the comment section below.