If you’re familiar with the famous 90’s movie Forrest Gump, you must have heard of the famous saying ‘Life is like a box of chocolates.’ This line was uttered by Forrest Gump- the lead character (played by Tom Hanks).
Here, Tom quotes his mother’s phrase on the unpredictability of life.
Growing up chocolate was one of my favorite candies. And to me, this quote was such a major theme because it sounds poetic and thoughtful. When I first heard of it from an early age, this quote made me think it over.
If life was a box of chocolates, would it be sweet at all times? I was 18 years old then and experiencing various challenges.
As I aged over the years, I came across various people who encountered many challenges and used every experience to overcome them. That is when I started seeing a meaningful link with the phrase.
Chocolates come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and flavors. When you eat chocolates one by one, you cannot predict the next type or which flavor will come next. Similarly, life is also like it.
It is full of surprises as we can’t foresee our future. We don’t know what tomorrow holds. You might be happy today but in deep sorrow tomorrow.
Therefore, in everything you do, make sure to put a smile on your face and other people’s faces. Give love and respect to everyone without discrimination.
To get an in-depth understanding of the unpredictability of life and its importance, read this life is like a box of chocolate quotes.
Life Is Like a Box of Chocolates Quotes
1. “A small event as tiny as a drop of a pin can change the direction of your entire life.”―
2. “Life is no different than the weather. Not only is it unpredictable, but it shows us a new perspective of the world every day.” ― Suzy Kassem
3. “The reason the future feels odd is because of its unpredictability. If the future didn’t feel weirdly unexpected, then something would be wrong.” ― Douglas Coupland
4. “The only thing we know about the future is that it will be faster changing and more unpredictable than the present.” ― Brian Tracy
5. “Life is just too short, too unpredictable, and too complicated. Be happy no matter what, a smile sometimes is all you need.” ― Shahid Kapoor
6. “Life is a desert of shifting sand dunes. Unpredictable. Erratic. Harmony changes into dissonance, the immediate outlives the profound, esoteric becomes cliched. And vice versa.” ― Ella Leya
7. “The idea that the future is unpredictable is undermined every day by the ease with which the past is explained.” ― Daniel Kahneman
8. “Science is about predictions based on predictable fact. Life is about surprises based on unpredictable reality.” ― Ori Hofmekler
9. “Life has its ups and downs. When you are up, enjoy the scenery. When you are down, touch the soul of your being and feel the beauty.” ―
10. “Life as we know it, with all its ups and downs, will soon be over. We all will give an accounting to God of how we have lived.” ― William Wilberforce
11. “Life is full of ups and downs, the only way to make the journey worthwhile is if you enjoy the good and learn from the bad.” ―
12. “I’ve always loved life, irrespective of all the ups and downs that have filled my journey.” ― Lata Mangeshkar
13. “Live life and leave something noble behind in life, for you are here to live! Not until death ends you, keep living life, no matter what!” ―
14. “If one dream should fall into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” ― Flavia Weedn
15. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
16.“Hatred paralyzes life, love releases it. Hatred confuses life, love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life, love illuminates it.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
17. “Improving your life doesn’t have to be about changing everything – it’s about making changes that count.” ―
18. “Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone.” ― Billy Cox
19. “Nothing has run smoothly with me throughout my life. Everything has had ups and downs and lefts and rights, and that’s just the way it has panned out for me, unfortunately.” ― Tyson Fury
20. “Everyone has adventures in their lives. Some good ones, some bad ones.” ―
Living in the present is the beauty of life
Since life offers us certain unpredictable situations, it’s better to enjoy every moment you have to the maximum, without necessarily being worried about the past or future.
By doing this, you’ll have no questions about the true beauty of life and start to feel the essence of life.
As they say, acceptance is the key to living a happy life. Living in the present, along with acceptance, is of utmost priority.
Therefore, start to believe that life is somewhat unpredictable and abandon your planned life and accept that which is presented before you.
The benefits of living in the present are well within your reach. They include:
- Better health
- Greater self-control
- Improves your relationship
Now, living in the moment might be quite challenging to keep up. Once in a while, you’ll slick back into the past. And that’s okay. Don’t hate yourself for that.
Accept your past, make peace with it, and see how you’ll feel more relaxed and better. It will then be easier to slip back into the present again. Opting for perfection often leads to anxiety.
Instead, it would be best if you strived to maintain a consistent curve for improvement. Slipping back to your past less and less is more useful.
We hope this life is like a box of chocolate quotes that will inspire you to focus on the present rather than the present or the future. Also, feel free to share these life quotes with your family, friends, and loved ones.