No matter how small you think you are, you can still make a difference. Here are some ways to help the environment, and give back what you can.
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
It might sound funny, but it’s very possible that your little of effort can make a big change. Maybe even save lives! So don’t think about how much time, money or effort it may take for your little mission: just do it! The outcome should be enough motivation for the rest of us.
Never think you are too small
The major thing that is stopping you from making a difference is probably your own thoughts. If you think the world revolves around you, then it’s likely that you won’t make a difference.
You have to believe in what you are doing, and believe that it is important, even if it may not seem so at first. And most of all, don’t ever think you are too small to make a difference: millions of people have done something small and made a huge difference in the world.
Think of Mother Teresa, for example: she gave everything she had to help people in need. And what did it take? A small amount of her time, some love and compassion and the willingness to sacrifice herself for others.
Time, money… or even love
When you look around, you realise that there is so much you can do to make a difference in the world. There are hundreds of charities and organizations that help to protect the environment, help people in need, promote peace and education.
You can even get involved with your own community: you can join an environmental group, or a sports team. You can volunteer with a charity or close a food bank. Buy an eco-friendly product instead of buying something that’s not sustainable. Agree to carpool with somebody. Plant some trees. Anything!
Anything that you do that is positive will be noticed, and it will make a difference in someone’s life. You don’t have to be rich or famous.
Don’t give up
Sometimes we can feel like we’ve done everything we possibly can to make a difference, and it doesn’t help. It’s important to just keep trying. Remember that all these little things add up together to create a big change. And you don’t have to stop after doing one thing: you can make a difference in several ways, so choose wisely!
And if you fail? That’s OK. You tried your best, and that’s really all that matters.
Make your dreams happen
If you want to make a difference, just think of all the things that you would like to see happen in the world. And then start doing them. Maybe you want your town to become greener, so you plant more trees, recycle more and clean up the river. Or maybe you want to find a cure for diabetes: start volunteering at a diabetes clinic, donating blood or even help in research (and we hope that there’s a cure for diabetes at some point). Whatever you want to do, just start doing it.
What kind of world do you want?
Have a think: what kind of world do you want to live in? If it was up to you, how would the world look like? Do you want it to be full of plastic and chemicals? Or maybe you prefer a clean environment that is safe for living things. Maybe you’d prefer the animals and plants to stay alive, rather than being extinct. Maybe you want us to have a world where all people can live in peace and happiness.
The choice is yours.
You can choose this world: it’s your birthright. You have the power to influence the future of our planet, and every event that happens in the world is related to the choices we make now. So choose wisely! Make the right choices. Because if you don’t, then it’s not entirely up to you: some things are beyond your control, and you cannot do anything about it, anyway.
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito – Related Quotes
1. “Small things sometimes mean a whole lot!” – DanTDM.
2. “It’s the small things that will make you successful.” – The Great Khali.
3. “Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” – George Eliot.
4. “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” – John Wooden.
5. “Sometimes, little things make a big difference.” –
6. “I do small things. I try to do good things every day.” – Jackie Chan.
7. “The day you stop doing the small things is the day you think you’re above everybody else.” – Kevin Hart.
8. “Make it your habit not to be critical about small things.” – Edward Everette Hale.
9. “The biggest obstacle to wealth is fear. People are afraid to think big, but if you think small, you’ll only achieve small things.” – T. Harv Ekar.
10. “We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa.
11. “It’s always the little things that make the big things happen.”-
12. “If small things have the power to disturb you, then who you think you are is exactly that: small.” – Eckhart Tolle.
What are the results of all this thinking? Well, it depends on what you want. If you want to have a stress-free life in which you don’t think too much about the future, then these concepts might not have a lot of impact on your day-to-day life. If you would like to live in a world with little pollution and where everyone enjoys peace and harmony, then I’m sure you will continue to apply some of these ideas, anyway.