“We can do anything we want to.” Walt Disney thought so, and he did it. The success of his company is all thanks to his unbeatable optimism.
In fact, he said, “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.“
But just dreaming about your goals is not enough. “Dreaming” is often confused with “wishful thinking,” and many people confuse wishes with dreams.
Wishes are what you hope or want will happen, while dreams are what you truly want, what you deeply desire.
You can have many dreams, and those dreams usually start small and get bigger as you think about them.
A successful person is someone who follows through on his or her dreams.
Follow your dreams
You are meant to live a big, adventurous life, so why would you constantly put a cap on your dreams and goals? Pursue your passions and never settle for anything less than what you need to be happy. The only thing stopping you from achieving your dreams is yourself, so stop making excuses. Go live the life you deserve.
Break your dreams into small achievable goals
If you want a new car, you can’t just go out and buy one. You will never keep reaching for that big goal. Instead, break it down into smaller steps. Think about how much money you need to save for a car and what you need to do in order to accomplish that goal. What kind of car would make up a step toward your dream?
Make sure each step is logically possible
Make sure each step moves closer toward your goal, but doesn’t move too quickly or too slowly. Pace yourself so that nothing seems impossible or too difficult. If you want to run a marathon, don’t start training for it tomorrow. Start gradually and work your way up.
Decide how you will overcome setbacks
“How are you going to get past disappointment, failure, or rejection? If you are not prepared for the ups, how can be prepared for the downs?” – Author Unknown.
If something bad happens to you along the way, make sure you learn from it. Setbacks are a part of life and if you expect them and prepare yourself emotionally when they happen, then they won’t crush your spirit. Refocus on your goals and remember what made you want to achieve them in the first place.
Keep going forward
When you are training yourself to do something, like running a marathon, you always have to keep moving forward. The race doesn’t stop at the halfway point, and neither should your life. If you keep going forward and making small adjustments on the path to your dreams, then you will reach them one day.
You Can Do It Quotes
- “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield.
2. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe.
3. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” – Beverly Sills.
4. “You can’t fall if you don’t climb. But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground.” – Anonymous.
5. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney.
6. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean.
7. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” – Greg Anderson.
8.”If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good.
9.”One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe.
10. ” Once you plant seeds of success, your tree will bear fierce fruit.”- Tyra Banks.
11. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius.
12. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently.”- Marie Forleo.
13. “Don’t wait the time will never be just right.”- Napoleon Hill.
14.”You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis.
15. ” To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates.
16. “No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” – Lupita Nyong’o.
Dreaming is great, but it’s not the end goal. If you want something badly enough, then you should do everything in your power to make it happen.
That means you should ignore the voice that doubts you and follow your heart. Yes, it will take time, but it will be well worth it in the end.
Breaking down a dream into smaller steps and calculating how you are going to overcome setbacks is essential for success.
You have to give yourself encouragement and backing up goals with what you are willing to do for them.
Don’t put a cap on yourself, break big goals into smaller ones and keep going, no matter what life throws at you in the way.
Your dreams are going to happen one day, be patient, work hard, and never stop believing in yourself.