Don’t focus on the pain, focus on the progress, meaning
We all make mistakes, and sometimes we fall, and sometimes we get up.
It’s the getting up that counts.
It’s easy to get discouraged when we’re going after a big goal. Sometimes, it feels like we’re moving too slow. Other times, it feels like we’re not moving at all.
No one can avoid experiencing setbacks or failure. It’s part of the process of investing in anything, especially your own growth.
But the problem is that, when things don’t go our way, we tend to get stuck in a pattern of seeing only the setback and not the progress.
The “failure” part of the situation isn’t the only part that matters, and we often miss the “progress” part because we’re too focused on the “failure” part.
It’s not helpful to spend time living in the past. While it’s important to learn from mistakes, it’s not helpful to let those mistakes become a pattern that holds you back. You don’t have to be perfect in the future.
Whatever mistakes you make today will become a learning experience for your next attempt tomorrow. The goal is not perfection but progress, and progress puts you well on your way toward achieving your goals.
If you want to achieve a long-term and stable goal, don’t focus on the short-term goal gains and losses or about what went wrong yesterday, instead focus on the process of achieving that goal with clarity.
Don’t focus on the pain, focus on the progress
It is certainly difficult to do. When you are in pain, and you are struggling, it is hard to remember that every step forward is a step in the right direction.
Focusing on the pain and the struggles will drive you insane. Not only that, it will make you give up, and quitting is never the right answer.
It is hard to focus on the progress when you are deep in the trenches of a challenge, working hard and feeling like you are going nowhere.
Believe me, I know! But the only way to get through that is to remember that every step taken is a step closer to your goal.
It may not always seem like it, but it is the pain and the struggle will go away soon enough.
You will get back up, dust yourself off, and keep moving ahead.
Don’t focus on the pain.
Failure is a part of life
Failure is a part of life, and it is inevitable.
You are going to fail, and you will learn from it. You will not succeed at first, and this is a fact that you must accept.
Your first failure will lead to your second failure, and you will learn from that too. You may fail over and over again, but the important thing is that you haven’t failed in the bigger picture.
Any failure is a lesson, and you will learn from that failure.
You will only succeed if you are going to keep trying, and that is what matters.
Failure is a big part of life, but with that comes the lessons from it.
You will learn a lot if you fail and try again later. Failures are part of learning, and they should not be forgotten.
Don’t focus on the pain, focus on the progress.
You will only succeed in life if you believe in yourself, and the things that you want to achieve.
Don’t give up – keep going!
Resilience is an important trait that everyone must-have. It is great to believe in yourself; it is important to keep moving forward and not give up when you fail.
It takes resilience to get back up after falling down, and it takes a lot of courage too.
Courage to face your failures, find out why they happen, and change for the better.
Failure is part of life – accept it as the part of learning.
Don’t focus on the pain, focus on the progress. – Dwayne Johnson (Similar Quotes)
1. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.”
2. “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” — Brian Tracy
3. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” – Joel Osteen
4. “Only through focus can you do world-class things, no matter how capable you are.” – Bill Gates
5. “Whenever something bad happens, keep calm, take a few deep breaths and shift the focus to something positive.” ―
6. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” — Bruce Lee
7. “I learned that focus is key. Not just in your running a company, but in your personal life as well.” – Tim Cook
8. “I learned to focus and work hard and not give up. I learned that every obstacle is really an opportunity.” – Jenna Ushkowitz
9. “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” — Brian Tracy
10. “These three things lead to positive non-linear results: clarity, focus, and time. Simple but not easy.” – Shane Parrish
11. “Focus is a matter of deciding what things you’re not going to do.” – John Carmack
12. “Life is short. Focus on what really matters most; you should change your priorities over time.” ―
13. “I learned long ago to focus on things you can control and don’t even pay attention to things you don’t.” – Bryan Cranston
14. “A man should never be appointed into a managerial position if his vision focuses on people’s weaknesses rather than on their strengths.” — Peter Drucker
15. “You have to focus on the future and know that you can succeed in life, and you have to keep working hard.” – Dele Alli
How to stay focused on progress
In order to stay focused on your progress, you have to first think about your success.
Think about what you want out of life and what you are doing to get there. If you are writing a book, think about the progress of the book such as all the chapters you have completed so far.
Also, think about the goal you have for yourself as a writer. Are you trying to get published? If so, think about the progress, you have made toward that goal. Let your mind focus on the positive.
Think about your goal without thinking about the struggle of the process you are going through. Don’t let your mind dwell on what you don’t have.
Don’t dwell on what you don’t have, but focus on what you do have. This will give you the willpower to keep moving forward towards your goal.
Take action – things will change if you just take action. Take action toward your goal. Don’t let something that you don’t have stopped you from achieving your goals.
You can achieve anything, so long as you are going to take some action and work tirelessly on it. So, just start working and don’t underestimate yourself.
You are a capable person, and you might not believe in yourself at times, but that is fine! Just get to work and focus on progress instead of pain.