If you’re on Twitter or Facebook, you’ve probably spotted the quote “If you can’t handle me at my worst...” a couple of times.
This famous quote is attributed to Marilyn Monroe, also known as Norma Jean Mortenson. Born in 1926, this famous woman starred in many films during her time.
Norma Jean was married and divorced to Arthur Miller and Joe DiMaggio. In 1962 she died of a barbiturate overdose. To have a glance at Marilyn’s life, we take a look at her quotes.
If you can’t handle me at my worst quote is frequently used in the early stages of romance. This quote is for you if you want someone to value your emotions.
When someone close to us is inconceivably disappointed, overpowered by trouble, or racked with uneasiness, it’s important to recognize there has to be an issue that needs to be dealt with and settled.
It is for this reason that we rush to offer guidance when people we care about are annoyed.
In a relationship, one should learn to comfort and handle their partner at their lowest. If they can’t handle them at their worst moments, their love declines as they won’t share their happy moments.
However, many women misinterpret this quote and leave the burden to men.
Reviewing someone’s feeling as an issue places us in a just mood- we are terrified by the feeling and often think of it as something that needs to be disposed of rapidly.
When we’re concerned with someone’s feelings, it’s much simpler to be sympathetic, understanding, and approving, which is what many people encountering unbearable feelings need.
If You Can’t Handle Me at My Worst Quote
1. “If you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
2. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”
3. “God gives good times and bad times, but He does not wish us to bemoan and bewail the bad times, but to prove ourselves, men.”
4. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”
5. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”
6. “What you seed in your bad time, will be harvested in your good time.”
7. “You call it as my bad time, I call it as my showtime”
8. “Unless you have bad times, you can’t appreciate the good times.”
9. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”
10. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”
11. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”
12. “There must be bad times in order to appreciate the good ones.”―
13. “Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.”
14. “Don’t cry for a man who’s left you; the next one may fall for your smile.” – Mae West
15. “Good and bad times are like black and white color, incomplete without each other.”―
16. “Particularly with the blues, it’s not just about bad times. It’s about the healing spirit.”
17. “There are good and bad times, but our mood changes more often than our fortune.”
18. “I learned not to be desperate in bad times and am learning not to be bullish when times are good.”
19. “You’ve got to go through some good times and some bad times, and hopefully you’re able to recover from the bad times.”
20. “I believe that everyone has good days and bad days, but you can’t let the bad times beat you down.”
21. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”—Martin Luther King
22. “The true strength of any relationship is measured in bad times not good.”
23. “Hard times are sometimes blessings in disguise. We do have to suffer but in the end it makes us strong, better and wise.”
24. “Unless you have bad times, you can’t appreciate the good times.”
25. “Difficult times don’t come your way just so you can survive them; God uses these times in your life to form and refine you.”
26. “You have to go through good times and bad times to get where you’re trying to go.”
27. “You stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they’d do the same for you.”
28. “Hard times make you bitter or make you more compassionate.”
29. “Only during hard times do people come to understand how difficult it is to be master of their feelings and thoughts.”
30. “Difficult times always create opportunities for you to experience more love in your life.”
31. “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
32. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do. I preach that, and I guess you have to live to it.”
33. “I want people who go through tough times, hard times, or didn’t have everything right-things didn’t fall in their lap or go in their favor-to know that they can still achieve their dream and go to the highest of the highs.”
So can you get over your worst?
After being rejected for an entrepreneurial role for the eighth career change consecutively, I got so frustrated and felt like my life was coming to an end. When I thought of talent, my mind was telling me I’m a fool.
“No one cares how many followers you have.”
“You’ve failed as an entrepreneur. You never succeeded in your previous ventures.”
After my eighth rejection, I came to a realization that no one keenly looks at online applications. I got annoyed and rang the director of a famous tech company. I told him I wanted a job and was tired of online