Our human nature enables us to communicate, seek other people, and form relationships with each other.
The primary aspect of our relations with others is the level of trust we share, especially with our loved ones. Truth and lies are two diverse ways of communicating and making sense of our world.
These when someone is lying and you know the truth quotes raise awareness about the harmful effects of telling lies as well as the advantages of telling the truth and living in a truthful environment.
Lying can either be helpful or destructive. While a simple lie can break relationships, hearts, and put someone into trouble, a huge lie, on the other hand, might save a life.
However, lying is human nature. No one on earth has never lied. If someone claims to have never lied, trust me, that’s the biggest lie.
It’s alright to lie based on the situation you are in, for instance, your mother baked the filthiest cookies. Do you lie to her politely or speak the hurtful truth? The best way out is to say the cookies are ‘all right’ but need some calibration, maybe extra sugar, etc.
However, the funny and most awkward thing is when someone is lying and you know the truth. You keep calm and silent to see the person’s intentions. The person telling lies ends up being caught red-handed at the end of the dialogue with no ways to flee from the embarrassment.
Also read: Life is like a box of chocolates.
When Someone is Lying and You Know the Truth Quotes
1. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain.
2. “I prefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth, that is when I will give my heart.” – Shakira.
3. “People can choose between the sweet lie or the bitter truth. I say the bitter truth, but many people don’t want to hear it.” – Lieberman.
4. “It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.” – Mencken.
5. “I love listening to lies when I know the truth.” ― M
6. “Half a truth is often a great lie.” – Benjamin Franklin.
7. “It is always fun to listen to lies when you already know the truth.” – Anonymous.
8. “It hurts when you tell lie and I already know the truth.” – Margaery.
9. “I hate being lied straight to my face when I know every bit of the truth.” – Anonymous.
10. “The worst part about being lied to is knowing that to that person, you weren’t worth the truth.” – Anonymous.
11. “I hate those moments when a person continuously telling lie but I know the truth.” – Anonymous.
12. “The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the truth.” ―
13. “Don’t lie to me unless you are absolutely sure that I will never find the truth.” – Ashleigh Brilliant.
14. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset for knowing the truth already.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche.
15. “Heart me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie.” – Erza Scarlet.
16. “You told me a great lie I haven’t said anything doesn’t mean I don’t know the truth.” – Anonymous.
17. “The most dangerous liers are those who think they are telling the truth.” – Anonymous.
18. “You are telling me the things that I want to hear but unfortunately, I already know the truth.” – Anonymous.
19. “It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.” – Henry Louis.
20. “Say not I have found the truth, but rather I have found a truth.”– Kahlil Gibran.
21. “No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth.” – John F. Kennedy.
22. “Nothing is more damaging when somebody tells you a lie but you know the truth.” – Anonymous.
23. “In human relationships are mostly broken when your partner tells you a lie every day but you know the truth.” – Anonymous.
24. “Always tell me the truth if you don’t when will I know the truth it hearts me a lot.” – Anonymous.
25. “If you don’t want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.” – Bruce Lee.
26. “The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those people who are living a lie.”– Gaskins Jnr.
27. “The truth doesn’t cost anything, but a lie could cost you everything.” – Anonymous.
Interesting read: I love you to the moon and back.
All the Quotes Have a Clear and Profound Message, Don’t They?
Whenever someone tells a lie, they are subjected to a predicament. Especially if they are prominent people, their lies are often considered as truth and propagated to greater scales. The more disgraceful a lie is, the more it spreads around. Once a lie is replicated, people will mistake it for factual truth.
Lies are always unbearable. As earlier discussed, a small lie may be relevant to help someone or save a life, but too much of it might be harmful to people.
We might ridicule a friend who’s bluffing, but when the bluffing turns to a lie, the result might be awful.
Reading these quotes might enable one to recall specific incidents, where and when someone lied and he/she knew the truth.
Some might be silly memories, while others might be hurtful. But truth be told; telling lies breaks trust and reliability over someone, regardless of whether you lie for fun or not. Eventually, there will be no one to believe such a person.
Every parent should also be aware of and reduce telling lies for the next generation to become faithful and moderate. Kids need to be mindful of the problems and obstacles of telling lies. If we maintain the practice of not telling lies, problems will eventually reduce. A bitter truth is better than a sweet lie. And remember, you don’t have to settle for less.
Share your thoughts on when someone is lying and you know the truth quotes. We believe various quotes somehow reminded you of any moment. Share with your friends, particularly those that lie frequently, and this article might help forbid telling lies.