If your patience is gradually fading because you’re surrounded by fools, these ‘arguing with fools’ quotes will save you the day!
However hard we try, we cannot entirely get rid of fools. We talk to them, often see them in the park, and work with them every day. Besides, some are even close friends or family members.
How Can You Identify One?
Recognizing a fool is a bold step toward saving you an argument with such people and walking away.
- Fools have a fixed mindset
- They always bring up stupid logic to support their theory
- Despite what you mention or say, they will always try to bring you down to their playing field
- They believe their ways to be correct, and they are the only ways that will work for anyone
- They are never open to new ideas
- They will go to any level to prove their point
If you find yourself in an argument with a fool, it’s prudent you just stop and walk away. Immediately you start arguing with a fool, you’ve already lost. A fool will never make an effort to understand your idea or perspective. They are always right. So why don’t you save yourself at that moment and do something better in your life?
Arguing with a fool most definitely makes you another fool. A fool is normally associated with a pretentious, humorous individual who’s filled with wit and wisdom. Take a look at some of the best arguing with fool’s quotes that prove this is one situation you don’t want to embark on.
Arguing With Fools Quotes
- “Never argue with an idiot they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.” – Mark Twain
- “The truth is, I’ve never fooled anyone. I’ve let men sometimes fool themselves.” – Unknown
- “Arguing with a fool proves there are two.” – Unknown
- “Nothing is to be gained by arguing with fools.” –Dr T.P.Chia
- “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” – Bruce Lee
- “I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right.” – Unknown
- “A foolish man is always doing, Yet much remains to be done.” – Unknown
- “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain – and most fools do.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “I hate how after an argument I think of more clever things I should have said.” – Mirtunjay Upadhyay
- “A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat.” – Louis L’Amour
- “Once you shout and curse, you have lost the argument.” – Unknown
- “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “You can disagree without saying anything. Not needing to win trivial arguments saves you time, energy, and friends.” – Shane Parrish
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish” – Steve Jobs
- “I am at a stage where I avoid argument. If you tell me elephant can fly. You are absolutely right.” – Unknown
- “The volume of your voice does not increase the validity of your argument.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” – Mark Twain
- “The greatest fools are ofttimes more clever than the men who laugh at them.” – George R.R. Martin
- “Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Wise men don’t need advice. Fools won’t take it.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Don’t take the wrong side of an argument just because your opponent has taken the right side.” – Baltasar Gracian
- “We may convince others by our arguments, but we can only persuade them by their own.” – Joseph Joubert
- “Many a good argument is ruined by some fool who knows what he is talking about.” – Marshall McLuhan
- “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” – Plato
- “I don’t necessarily agree with everything that I say.” – Marshall McLuhan
- “The truth is always the strongest argument.” – Sophocles
- “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” – Mark Twain
There is No Point in Arguing With a Fool
To argue with a fool means you’ll be forced to think and act like them. When the person next to you constantly talks without any heads or tails, they may provoke your anger and disrupt your peace of mind. They have no respect whatsoever for your knowledge or point of view. It is a wasteful emotional and mental venture and a waste of time.
Fools pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience. They may even have you switch places and totally destroy your inner peace. Think of it this way; suppose you’re in the bathroom covered with soapsuds, then a naughty friend abruptly enters the bathroom and eventually slaps the hell out of you and runs away. Would you chase them while naked, or would you compose yourself, finish your bath, get dressed, and think of what to do next?
Arguing with a fool is similar to running in the streets naked chasing a naughty friend. Onlookers may not know the difference. It leads you nowhere, and besides, it makes you look bad, kind of like guilty by association.
Instead of engaging in meaningless dialogue with a fool, try to help someone who needs it. Just because you care for someone, it doesn’t mean that you can share your knowledge with them.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our inspiring arguing with fools quotes. Make sure to abide by them to live a normal, peaceful, and fruitful life. Also, don’t forget to share them with your friends, family, and loved ones.